By BradStenger | January 3, 2008
We’re announcing the conference agenda panel by panel as our participants fall into place.
The Advances in News Gathering Panel will highlight efforts at news organizations to deploy technology that enhances news gathering. It’s one of the more journo-centric panels we plan to have. And it will take place early in the Symposium when it can also help to enlighten the techno-centric in the crowd on how journalists go about their work. The panelists and moderator:
- Andrew Haeg, Senior Producer, Center for Innovation in Journalism, American Public Media
- Michael Rogers, Futurist in Residence, R&D Operations, New York Times
- Nic Fulton, Chief Scientist, Reuters Media
- Paul Ferguson, Supervising Editor, International News, CNN
- Moderator: Rich Gordon, Associate Professor and Director of Digital Technology in Education, Medill School of Journalism, Northwestern University